If you’ve got a CD or DVD that simply refuses to eject from your Apple computer, whether it’s an iMac, MacPro or Macbook there’s a simple solution. Luckily you don’t have to worry about your mouse getting stuck with the top gaming mice.
To eject a stuck disc:
Press and hold your mouse or trackpad button during bootup
- Power down the device completely
- Press and hold your mouse button/trackpad button and keep it held down
- Press the power button to turn it back on while keeping mouse button down
- Keep holding the mouse/trackpad button and eventually the CD or DVD should eject itself and then the computer will continue to boot as normal.
NOTE: I’m not sure if this technique still works with wireless (Bluetooth) pointing devices such as the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad but I will endeavour to test this later and update this post.
After running some Apple software updates recently some users (myself included) are unable launch iPhoto after the update and are presented with an error “iPhoto cannot be opened because of a problem”. The alert window asks if you wish to send the error report to apple, which I suggest you do.
Continue reading “iPhoto [9.2.1] cannot be opened because of a problem [FIX = update to iPhoto 9.2.2]”
- iphoto cannot be opened because of a problem
- Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/iLifePageLayout framework/Versions/A/iLifePageLayout
- /library/frameworks/ilifepagelayout framework/versions/a/ilifepagelayout
- iphoto cannot be opened because of a problem lion
- iphoto update problem
Twitter user @benmarsh recently noticed that his Safari running under OS X Lion was adding [SP] after the title of any page he visited and was seeking some assistance.
Initially he thought it was just one of his Safari plugins but even after disabling all Safari plugins the [SP] still appears as shown in the screen shot below. Continue reading “Safari in Lion adding a suffix of [SP] to web page titles [SOLVED]”